Who needs a Vehicle Incident Report?
This form is completed by a driver of a rental vehicle in case this vehicle was involved in an incident. As a rule, the incident results in damage to a rental vehicle.
What is the purpose of the Vehicle Incident Report?
The report contains the information about the customer (renter), rental agreement, insurance and policy, description of the incident. These details are used by the rental company to investigate the incident and determine the amount of coverage which should be paid to the rental company.
What documents must accompany the Vehicle Incident Report?
The Incident Report is accompanied by the corresponding rental agreement and copies of the driver’s license.
When is the Vehicle Incident Report due?
The driver has to complete and send the form within ten days after the incident.
What information must be provided in the Vehicle Incident Report?
The renter will add the following information:
- Date of completing
- Number of the Rental Agreement or Trip Ticket
- Vehicle owning area number
- Vehicle unit number
- Information about the employee accident (of applicable)
- Date and time of incident
- Location of incident
- Police information (name of officer, badge number, phone number)
- Customer’s name, e-mail, address
- Name of customer’s insurance and policy
- Insurance phone number
- Name of customer’s employer and address
- Type of rental business
- Information about the driver of the rental vehicle (if other than renter)
- Information about the driver or owner of the other vehicle (name, address; vehicle make and year, license plate; occupants in vehicle, description of the damage to vehicle or property)
- Information about the injured or killed persons (name, age, sex, phone number)
- Information about the witnesses
- Explanation of the cause of damage
The renter must also sign the report and answer all the questions at the bottom of the report.
What do I do with the form after its completion?
The completed form is forwarded to HCM at 1-866-295-0745.